On Windows? Try the Visual Studio 2017 walkthrough.
Visual Studio for Mac and Xamarin enables you to get a fully native cross-platform app running live on your device.
In this getting started series you will:
- Set up your development environment for Xamarin.
- Learn how to install the Xamarin Live Player on your iOS or Android device.
- Learn how to use the Xamarin Live Player.
Install Visual Studio and Xamarin
In order to complete this walkthrough, Visual Studio for Mac must be installed on your machine. Make sure you have:
- A Mac with OS X 10.11, macOS 10.12, or greater.
- The latest stable version of Visual Studio for Mac installed.
- If you don’t have Visual Studio for Mac installed, go to https://www.visualstudio.com to download it, and then follow the steps in the Installation guide.
- If you have previously installed Visual Studio for Mac, you can check that you're on the latest version by following the steps in the Updating Visual Studio for Mac guide.
The next step is to get the Xamarin Live Player app installed on your iOS or Android device. By pairing your device to the IDE you can continuously deploy, test, and debug your app directly on the device.
Select Your Mobile device
Click the iOS or Android link below to display device-specific instructions.