Apple Account Management
- PDF for offline use
Let us know how you feel about this
last updated: 2017-04
Apple account management was introduced in Xamarin Studio 6.3. The interface provides a way to view all developments teams associated with an Apple ID. It also allows you to view more details about each team by displaying a list of Signing Identites and Provisioning Profiles that are installed on your machine.
Authentication of your Apple ID is performed on the command line with fastlane. fastlane must be installed on your machine for you to be successfully authenticated. More information on fastlane and how to install it is detailed in the fastlane guides. ️
Apple account management is available in Xamarin Studio 6.3 and above, and on Visual Studio for Mac. It is not currently available on Visual Studio for Windows.
You must have an Apple Developer account to use this feature. More information on Apple developer accounts is available in the Device Provisioning guide.
- Ensure you are connected to the internet. This is because fastlane communicates directly with the Apple Developer portal.
- Ensure you have fastlane tools installed
- Ensure you have the latest fastlane tools from https://download.fastlane.tools
- Before you begin, make sure to accept any user license agreements in the developer portal.
Apple Account Management does not currently support accounts with two step authentication turned on.
Working with the Apple Account Dialog
To open go to Xamarin Studio > Preferences > Apple Developer Account:
Press the + button to start authentication through fastlane. This will bring up the following alert dialog:
Once you press OK, the terminal application will open allowing you to enter your details:
Enter your Apple ID and Password.
Once your Apple ID and password have been entered, you will automatically be returned to Xamarin Studio. Select Always Allow on the following dialog:
Here, you'll see your Apple ID, along with any teams that Apple ID is part of.
Select any team and press the View Details… button. This will display a list of all Signing Identities and Provisioning Profiles that are installed on your machine:
View Details dialog is empty
This is currently a known issue, relating to bug #53906. We are currently working to release a fix for this as soon as possible.
If you are experiencing issues logging in your account, please try the following:
- Open the keychain application and under Category select Passwords. Search for
deliver., and delete all entries.
"Error Adding Account. Please Sign in with an app-specific password"
This is because 2 factor authentication is enabled on your account. This is not currently supported.
- Sometimes the View Details dialog can take an inordinate amount of time to fetch the signing identities and profiles.
- Often the focus may not return to Xamarin Studio after entering your details, causing your account not to be added. If this is the case, try the process again.