Xamarin Studio Cheat Sheet
- PDF for offline use:
Let us know how you feel about this.
last updated: 2016-09
Using Macaque Tip of the Day add-in
The Macaque add-in provides useful tips and tricks inside the IDE. To add it to Xamarin Studio, do the following:
- In Xamarin Studio, browse to the Add-ins menu item:
- On the Gallery tab, search for
Macaquein All Repositories:
- Select Macaque Tips, and press the Install… button:
- Confirm the installation:
- Once installed, the Tips window will display:
- Access the Tips window at any time, by browsing to Help > Macaque Tips:
Source Editor Common Keyboard Shortcuts
Show Code Generation Window
This contextually generates code.
⌘ + 1
ctrl + /
Quick fixes and Actions
Displays refactoring context actions.
Option + Enter
Find in files
⌘ + Shift + F
Allows quick switching between files
ctrl + tab
Move Lines Around in Editor
alt up / alt down
Use the Alt-Up command to move the current line or current selected lines up, and use the Alt-Down command to move the lines down. If the language addin supports it, the lines will be re-indented to match the context when they move in and out of scopes.
Moves the caret to the next or previous word.
⌘ + Left/Right
Expands the Selection
Expands word, subexpression, statement, and line member selection in a logical way
alt shift up to select
alt shift down to de-select