Mono for Android 4.1.2
The 4.1.x series will be a series of alphas and betas leading up to the next big stable release, 4.2.
To see these updates, you have to switch to the Alpha channel in your IDE.
Visual Studio Users: You should be prompted with this update when you open a MfA project. You can also check manually in Tools > Options > Mono for Android.
MonoDevelop Users: You should be prompted to upgrade next time you open MonoDevelop, or you can use Help > Check for Updates. IDE support requires MonoDevelop 220.127.116.11.
Changes since 4.1.1
Bug fixes only.
ToJniHandle()methods have been renamed to
ToLocalJniHandle(), and now always return a JNI local reference.
- Unsubscribing from an event will now remove the Java-side Listener implementation, reducing gref count. Previously the entire object graph would need to be collectable and a full GC would be required to collect the Listener implementation. Mailing list reference .
- 2147 :
Android.Runtime.JavaObjectinstances should no longer be returned to developer code. It should be automatically "unwrapped" to provide the original instance.
- 2347 : The ArrayAdapter<T>(..., T) constructors do not support value types.
- 4571 : .jar library binding doesn't work with
- 4592 : Preserve
ToLocalJniHandle()methods in Release builds.
- 4783 : Check types when marshaling arrays.
- 4821 : Support marshaling arrays of enum types.
ResolveLibraryProjectImportscan't find assembly via
Warning: Samsung shipped a broken kernel with Android 2.1, which is not able to support JIT compilation. If you possess a Galaxy-class device with Android 2.1, you will get unexpected results, this is caused by a kernel bug that breaks cache coherency, rendering any engine doing JIT compilation useless. Check with your manufacturer/carrier for an Android 2.2 update.