Mono for Android 4.2.3
Visual Studio Users: You should be prompted with this update when you open a MFA project. You can also check manually in Tools > Options > Mono for Android.
MonoDevelop Users: You should be prompted to upgrade next time you open MonoDevelop, or you can use Help > Check for Updates. IDE support requires MonoDevelop 3.0. Layout Designer fixes require MonoDevelop 3.0.3.
- The layout designer in Visual Studio can now switch between layout view and source view. (Intellisense isn't supported yet.)
- Added support for scrolling in ScrollView.
- Many fixes for issues with detecting and deploying to devices in the updated Visual Studio extension.
- Partial Revert of 4.2.2 "Reduce lifetime of wrapped Streams in InputStreamAdapter, InputStreamInvoker, OutputStreamAdapter, OutputStreamInvoker." Disposing of an Adapter will not dispose of the wrapped Stream.
- Don't call IEGL10.EglGetError() twice. Should help prevent reporting of EGL_SUCCESS as an error.
- 242: DataContractSerializer fails to deserialize List<T> properties
- 4288: Binding errors due to visibility inconsistency and Android.Graphics.Color support.
- 5011: IsolatedStorageFile.CreateDirectory throws an exception with rooted paths
- 5020: Jar project creating duplicates in generated code.
- 5021: BackgroundWorker.RunWorkerCompleted does not run within UI thread
- 5091: Deploy shared runtime for target device architecture (regardless of configuration)
- 5118: Allow $(IntermediateBuildPath) to be an absolute directory
- 5143: .jar binding shouldn't fail due to missing types
- 5274: Deployment for a second device fails if project not rebuit
- 5289: Fix for devices that report multi-line getprops
- 5304: ConcurrentStack.TryPopRange() doesn't support arrays of length 1
- 5319: System.InvalidCastException: Value is not a convertible object: Java.Lang.String to System.Object.
- 5311: LockRecursionException is defined in mscorlib and System.Core
- 5337: INotifyPropertyChanging and PropertyChangingEventArgs not included
- 5375: Deploy to a device failed with a "Failure [INSTALL_PARSE_FAILED_MANIFEST_MALFORMED]" error
- 5396: Special uses-permission lost when updating the app's project properties
- 5421: generator: ArgumentOutOfRangeException when binding .jar
- 5461: Can't use ZipInputStream
Layout Designer fixes
Visual Studio Users: The Layout Designer is installed with Mono for Android.
MonoDevelop Users: The Layout Designer is not included in the Mono for Android installer; the layout designer fixes are included in MonoDevelop 3.0.3.
- Themes defined in project resources are now properly rendered
- The resource selector now doesn't show private framework resources
- 4894: Switching project build target to API 10 throws exception (when editing existing layout)
- 4953: Numeric Password widget loads with an invalid input type
- 5290: Style attribute missing from View properties
- 5349: Activity modification causes axml files reload
- 53695369: Designer adds unrecognized android:placeholder on TableLayout
Warning: Samsung shipped a broken kernel with Android 2.1, which is not able to support JIT compilation. If you possess a Galaxy-class device with Android 2.1, you will get unexpected results, this is caused by a kernel bug that breaks cache coherency, rendering any engine doing JIT compilation useless. Check with your manufacturer/carrier for an Android 2.2 update.