Mono for Android 4.2.4
Visual Studio Users: You should be prompted with this update when you open a MFA project. You can also check manually in Tools > Options > Mono for Android.
MonoDevelop Users: You should be prompted to upgrade next time you open MonoDevelop, or you can use Help > Check for Updates. IDE support requires MonoDevelop 3.0. Layout Designer fixes require MonoDevelop 188.8.131.52.
- Use AndroidManifest.xml //uses-sdk/@android:targetSdkVersion when validating /manifest/@android:installLocation. Email thread.
- Don't create $HOME/.__override__ in Release apps.
- 763: Monodroid: Marking a service to run in new process causes exception
- 2057: Attempting to edit the manifest under source control fails if the file is not checked out
- 3328: Cannot deploy projects with dot in project name.
- 4111: Unable to downgrade MFA using MonoDevelop updater
- 4593: No UI for <AndroidLinkSkip>
- 4725: M4A Debugger exits silently without exceptions
- 4794: DataContractSerializer throws an InvalidOperationException when two different types with the same namespace and data contract name are used to create a serializer
- 5519: XElement.ToString() adding p1 prefix
- 5556: javaBinding project generator.exe newline in xml - exception
- 5608: Can't access [projectname].dll.mdb
- 5748: [Regression?] Not all native libraries are extracted on installation
Layout Designer fixes
Visual Studio Users: The Layout Designer is installed with Mono for Android.
MonoDevelop Users: The Layout Designer is not included in the Mono for Android installer; the layout designer fixes are included in MonoDevelop 184.108.40.206.
- No longer crashes if API level 16 is installed.
- 5551: Cannot drag a widget to the designer from toolbox in windows MonoDevelop
- 5766: Moving LinearLayout around breaks the designer
Warning: Samsung shipped a broken kernel with Android 2.1, which is not able to support JIT compilation. If you possess a Galaxy-class device with Android 2.1, you will get unexpected results, this is caused by a kernel bug that breaks cache coherency, rendering any engine doing JIT compilation useless. Check with your manufacturer/carrier for an Android 2.2 update.