Mono for Android 4.2.7
Known issue: Immediately after upgrading, users may have trouble loading Mono for Android projects. Please restart MonoDevelop again if you experience this.
Visual Studio Users: You should be prompted with this update when you open a MFA project. You can also check manually in Tools > Options > Mono for Android.
MonoDevelop Users: You should be prompted to upgrade next time you open MonoDevelop, or you can use Help > Check for Updates. IDE support requires MonoDevelop 3.0. Layout Designer fixes require MonoDevelop 3.0.4.
Web Services, Serialization, and WCF Bug Fixes:
- 1340 : NullReferenceException when calling WCF service with HTTP method other than GET or POST
- 4511 : DuplexClientBase Channel Initialization Broken
- 4993 : Basic Authentication without <serviceCredentials>
- 5935 : Serialization bug
- 6041 : wsdl and wsdl2 fails to generate
- 6187 : Using WebGetAttribute on inherited wcf operations causes ArgumentException in mono-2.10.9
- 6201 : NullReferenceException using ChannelFactory created with ServiceEndpoint constructor (regression)
- 6489 : Mono implementation of SoapFormatter behaves differently from .Net implementation
- 6515 : Custom headers are not included in call to web service
- 7177 : Non generic derivations of the generic FaultException are not serialized correctly
7299 : DataContractSerializer cannot deserialize ReadOnlyCollection<T>
HTTP Stack fixes
- 5655 : HttpWebRequest not sending WebDAV headers
- 5899 : WebClient.DownloadStringAsync seems to ignore QueryString values
- 6122 : Different resullt from Monotouch and .net code
- 7200 : HttpWebRequest returns result of a request in another thread
7424 : HTTPWebRequest CookieContainer support not working in MonoTouch 6.0 (vs 5.4)
Warning: Samsung shipped a broken kernel with Android 2.1, which is not able to support JIT compilation. If you possess a Galaxy-class device with Android 2.1, you will get unexpected results, this is caused by a kernel bug that breaks cache coherency, rendering any engine doing JIT compilation useless. Check with your manufacturer/carrier for an Android 2.2 update.