Mono for Android 4.2.8
Known issue: Immediately after upgrading, users may have trouble loading Mono for Android projects. Please restart MonoDevelop again if you experience this.
Visual Studio Users: You should be prompted with this update when you open a MFA project. You can also check manually in Tools > Options > Mono for Android.
MonoDevelop Users: You should be prompted to upgrade next time you open MonoDevelop, or you can use Help > Check for Updates. IDE support requires MonoDevelop 3.0. Layout Designer fixes require MonoDevelop 3.0.4.
- armeabi-v7a is the default ABI.
- Add ActivityAttribute.ParentActivity property.
- Add ServiceAttribute.IsolatedStorage property.
- Binding Projects now embed the bound .jar into the binding assembly.
Library Projects can now contain Android Resources.
- Theoretical GC bug involving a race condition between Mono & Android GC's. Note: we've never seen this in the wild, and have no repro.
- Improve product activation on Windows.
- Throw TypeLoadException if a Type can't be loaded instead of throwing a NullReferenceException.
- 6249 : Assets not included in package when IntermediateOutputPath is specified to an absolute path.
- 7013#c15 : Add native libraries to .apks in the right order to improve support for Android 4.0-4.0.3.
7309 : Resources.GetXml - XmlReader.Name property Hangs without exception
Warning: Samsung shipped a broken kernel with Android 2.1, which is not able to support JIT compilation. If you possess a Galaxy-class device with Android 2.1, you will get unexpected results, this is caused by a kernel bug that breaks cache coherency, rendering any engine doing JIT compilation useless. Check with your manufacturer/carrier for an Android 2.2 update.