Mono For Android 4.4
Visual Studio Users: You should be prompted with this update when you open a Mono for Android project. You can also check manually in Tools > Options > Mono for Android.
MonoDevelop Users: You should be prompted to upgrade next time you open MonoDevelop, or you can use Help > Check for Updates. IDE support requires MonoDevelop 3.0. Layout Designer fixes require MonoDevelop 3.0.4.
- Fixed an issue with the license check dialog during installation.
- Provides preliminary API 17 (JellyBean 4.2) support.
- armeabi-v7a is the default ABI for Release builds.
- Debug .apk files include all ABIs by default.
- This will cause "apparent regressions"; this is By Design.
- Add ActivityAttribute.ParentActivity property.
- Add ServiceAttribute.IsolatedProcess property.
- Add PermissionAttribute, PermissionGroupAttribute, and PermissionTreeAttribute custom attributes.
- Now string literals in attributes (ActivityAttribute, UsesPermissionAttribute etc.) are scanned and @PACKAGE_NAME@ is replaced with the actual package name at packaging time. (see bug #7687)
- Binding Projects now embed the bound .jar into the binding assembly. (EmbeddedJar and EmbeddedReferenceJar build actions)
- Library Projects can now contain Android Resources.
- Activation fix for Windows XP
- Profiler support. (Beta!)
- Removal of the dreaded UnhandledException handler from Visual Studio
- .stamp files not being properly closed, leading to FileShare exceptions
- UI designer improvements in the support for alternative layouts.
- 7871: Saving a .axml file in a resource folder with qualifiers
- 8625: Color preview in Project Resources window showing wrong colours
- 8781: Fix Publish Android Application to pickup the correct PackageName
- Additional activation fix for users running on Windows XP with a wireless-only network connection.
- Theoretical GC bug involving a race condition between Mono & Android GC's. Note: we've never seen this in the wild, and have no repro.
- GC weak reference fix.
- .jar binding: do not generate overrides when it shouldn't for method variant property.
- .jar binding: improve obfuscated .jar handling
- .jar binding: improved Annoation support.
- Improve product activation on Windows.
- Throw TypeLoadException if a Type can't be loaded instead of throwing a NullReferenceException.
- WSDL import.
- Improved WCF serialization support for collection types
- Fix binding of OverlayItem.GetMarker() and MapActivity.OnGetMapDataSource() (reported by Goncalo Oliveira).
- Remove [DebuggerDisplay] attribute from KeyValuePair and DictionaryEntry.
- Support [OnSerializing] in System.Runtime.Serialization.Json
- 3276: Mono implementation of HttpWebRequest eats the body of a DELETE request
- 5948: No color syntax for axml files in Designer/Source view in Visual Studio 2010
- 6249: Assets not included in package when IntermediateOutputPath is specified to an absolute path.
- 6329: Null refrence in WebConnectStream Ctor
- 6860: Inspecting properties results wrong value
- 7013#c15: Add native libraries to .apks in the right order to improve support for Android 4.0-4.0.3.
- 7258: WebRequest.DefaultWebProxy with credentials fails
- 7309: Resources.GetXml - XmlReader.Name property Hangs without exception
- 7564: mono_aot_find_jit_info () is not signal safe (workaround)
- 7599: HttpWebRequest returns 404 because it reuses an old connection to a previous server
- 7637: HttpWebRequest::BeginGetResponse hangs when send request stream is empty
- 7686: Need a custom attribute [Permission] to generate <permission ... /> in AndroidManifest.xml
- 7687: Substitute package name in string literals
- 7837: Generate the //provider/@android:authorities attribute
- 7934: In MfA 4.2.8, Application.OnCreate doesn't get called anymore
- 7948: Add support for EmbeddedReferenceJar
- 7957: System.Xml.XmlException : 'Text' is an invalid node type
- 7966: TimeZoneInfo.FindSystemTimeZoneById returns null
- 8072: Avoid throwing exceptions from WeakReference.IsAlive after finalization when the underlying GCHandle is already finalized.
- 8104: Fix Notification.LedARGB to be of int type.
- 8134: JavaList needs to provide java.util.List methods to make it valid to derive from ArrayList
- 8312: SSL POST GetRequestStream gets exception 'authentication or decryption has failed'
- 8320: Runtime metadata bug with RX
- 8339: Remove Compiler Warnings in Resource.designer.cs
- 8405: OS X installer should not say "Activation Successful" if activation was not successful.
- 8406: Fix error messages generated by OS X installer.
- 8553: SSL Validation Issues
- 8559: TaskScheduler passed with parallel options to Parallel.ForEach not used correctly
- API Level 4: Mono.Android.dll, Mono.Android.GoogleMaps.dll, Mono.Android.Support.v4.dll, OpenTK.dll OpenTK-1.0.dll
- API Level 7: Mono.Android.dll, Mono.Android.GoogleMaps.dll, Mono.Android.Support.v4.dll, OpenTK.dll
- API Level 8: Mono.Android.dll, Mono.Android.GoogleMaps.dll, Mono.Android.Support.v4.dll, OpenTK.dll
- API Level 10: Mono.Android.dll, Mono.Android.GoogleMaps.dll, Mono.Android.Support.v4.dll, OpenTK.dll
- API Level 12: Mono.Android.dll, Mono.Android.GoogleMaps.dll, Mono.Android.Support.v4.dll, OpenTK.dll OpenTK-1.0.dll
- API Level 14: Mono.Android.dll, Mono.Android.GoogleMaps.dll, Mono.Android.Support.v4.dll, Mono.Android.Support.v13.dll, OpenTK.dll OpenTK-1.0.dll
- API Level 15: Mono.Android.dll, Mono.Android.GoogleMaps.dll, Mono.Android.Support.v4.dll, Mono.Android.Support.v13.dll, OpenTK.dll OpenTK-1.0.dll
- API Level 16: Mono.Android.dll, Mono.Android.GoogleMaps.dll, Mono.Android.Support.v4.dll, Mono.Android.Support.v13.dll, OpenTK.dll OpenTK-1.0.dll
Warning: Samsung shipped a broken kernel with Android 2.1, which is not able to support JIT compilation. If you possess a Galaxy-class device with Android 2.1, you will get unexpected results, this is caused by a kernel bug that breaks cache coherency, rendering any engine doing JIT compilation useless. Check with your manufacturer/carrier for an Android 2.2 update.