The first preview was done on August 18th, this initial release contains enough for our users to get a taste of what MonoDroid will be like, but there are still various loose ends that wont be resolved for this preview. The features include:
- Visual Studio 2010 plugin to develop, debug and deploy Android applications.
- MonoDroid runtime for Android devices.
- Mono binding to access the Java class libraries that are part of Android from C#.
- Core samples to get started with Monodroid
- Basic Activity MonoDroid Visual Studio templates.
- Based on a Mono 2.6 profile.
- Basic documentation generated from our Java to C# translation tools.