This preview has a new shared runtime. To ensure you are using it, you will need to delete the old shared runtime from your emulator/device:
Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications -> MonoDroid Runtime -> Uninstall
The new runtime will be deployed to the device the next time an application is deployed.
Beginning with preview 9, you will need the following two packages in the Android SDK:
- Android SDK Tools, revision 8
- Android SDK Platform-tools, revision 1
It is highly suggested that you delete your existing C:\android-sdk-windows directory and use the new Android SDK Windows installer. See Installation for more details.
Return of Debugging
The main change for this preview is debugging, which was broken in preview 9, is now fixed.
To ensure people can play with MonoDroid over the holidays without running into GC issues, the GC is disabled for this preview. We will resume tweaking it in the next preview.
Experimental Intellisense for Layout Files
We now ship an experimental schema for layout files. To turn it on for a layout file:
- Open your layout file in Visual Studio.
- Click " Schemas " in the Properties window.
- Find the schema called " android-layout-xml.xsd ".
- Right-click and select " Use selected schemas ".
- Click OK .
Intellisense should now be enabled for the layout file.
- 637846 - Provide 'Deploy' option from MonoDroid Application Project
- 649393 - aresgen.exe doesn't support arrays
- 656309 - embedding the runtime in an application cuases a failure
- 656553 - Calling NumberKeyListener.Filter method from derived class crash
- 657609 - System.TimeZoneNotFoundException when accessing TimeZoneInfo.Local in Emulator and on Device
- 657820 - ReferenceTable overflow (max=512) scrolling GridView at GetView()
- 658096 - UNHANDED EXCEPTION: System.NullReferenceException