Known issue: Immediately after upgrading, users may have trouble loading Xamarin.Android projects. Please restart Xamarin Studio again if you experience this.
Visual Studio Users: You should be prompted with this update when you open a Xamarin.Android project. You can also check manually in Tools > Options > Xamarin.Android.
MonoDevelop Users: You should be prompted to upgrade next time you open MonoDevelop, or you can use Help > Check for Updates. IDE support requires Xamarin Studio 4.0. Layout Designer fixes require MonoDevelop 3.0.4.
- Starter edition size limit has been increased to 64KB.
- Added more information to the warning shown when using native linking as a starter user.
- Give meaningful message for missing
//attr/@nameattribute value within
- Filter for non-existent drives when choosing a working directory.
- Enhanced assembly duplicate check while calculating assembly size. Some assemblies were previously being counted twice against the size limit.
- 5037 : Copy Satellite assemblies into obj/Release/assemblies.
- 5827 : Deserializing xml with strange ASCII characters throws an exception.
- 7477 , 12087 : Enhanced user experience when both using the Android designer and manually modifying the .axml.
- 7899 : Make table name comparison dataset locale specific.
- 10693 : Disabled serialization assembly generation.
- 11401 : Fix Fast Deployment on API 12 devices.
- 11608 : Activity-alias elements will now be directly after their target activities.
- 11803 : Application closes immediately after deploying to device.
- 11921 : No more crash when removing an AndroidGameView without calling Pause().
- 11964 : Added sanity check on project.properties container directory.
- 12250 : Use non-shortname paths when installing on Windows.