Note:: The Xamarin.Android 5.1.77 series has been superseded by Xamarin.Android 5.1.7, which contains a binding of the final Android M preview, which Google says is final and stable.
THE Xamarin.Android 5.1.77 SERIES IS OBSOLETE
Note: Xamarin.Android 5.1.77 requires JDK 1.7. JDK 1.6 may be used when targeting API-19 and lower.
In order to deploy to an Android MNC device and use Android MNC APIs,
Properties\AndroidManifest.xml must be updated to set the
android:minSdkVersion values to
<uses-sdk android:minSdkVersion="MNC" android:targetSdkVersion="MNC" />
There is currently no IDE support for setting this; it may be provided in a future IDE release.
Note: Xamarin.Android 5.1.77 will never be a stable release, so don't wait for it. I have little faith that there won't be API changes to API-M before it becomes stable...whenever it becomes stable...
The v5.2 target framework API is unstable, and will change until API-M becomes a properly stable API-23.
Xamarin.Android 5.1.77-8 updates the bindings to use Android M Developer Preview 2.
- Preview support for Android 5.1 by setting
- Preview support for Android M Developer Preview by setting
v5.2and updating the
- API Level 10: Mono.Android.dll, OpenTK.dll, OpenTK-1.0.dll
- API Level 15: Mono.Android.dll
- API Level 16: Mono.Android.dll
- API Level 17: Mono.Android.dll
- API Level 18: Mono.Android.dll
- API Level 19: Mono.Android.dll
- API Level 20: Mono.Android.dll
- API Level 21: Mono.Android.dll
- API Level 22 (vs. API-21): Mono.Android.dll
- API Level 23 (vs. API-22): Mono.Android.dll