New features in this release:
Profiling is now supported. You can now profile your MonoTouch applications using Shark and Instruments. For details see http://monotouch.net/Documentation/Profiling
Added NSUrlAuthenticationChallengeSender protocol to NSUrlConnection
NSString methods to measure strings with a UIFont.
Added DataDetectorTypes property to UITextView
- Smaller executables:
- Small executables 250k to 500k
- Some users are reporting 1.3 meg savings
- Reduced the size of libmono.a in every application.
- Greatly improved the linker result when linking monotouch.dll
- Reduced memory usage for every type.
- Reduced the time it takes to start the runtime by 10-15%.
- Reduced the time it takes to build simulator builds when not linking significantly.
- Reduced the time project builds take by 3-5 seconds.
- Multiple other optimizations thru the entire engine.
- Fixed #573750: Running on device with the registrar and external bindings causes a crash
- Fixed #577754: UIVideoEditorController should inherit from UIViewController
- Fixed #579844 - Fixed crash using UIVideo.IsCompatibleWithSavedPhotosAlbum
- Fixed #564301 - CALayerDelegate locks up the simulator
- Fixed #579997 - NSHTTPCookie.Name is missing
- Fixed #574235 - Various values not accepting null
- Fixed #579292 - Mono.Data.Sqlite crashes when using DataAdapters
- Fixed #578150 - Add binding for NSProcessInfo
- Fixed #555952 - Mono.Data.Sqlite doesn't work on leopard
- Fixed #580277 - UISearchDisplayController should accept a UITableViewSource
- Fixed #562052 - UITableViewSource does not inherit from UIScrollViewDelegate
- Fixed #579373 - Can't set FillMode property on CAAnimation
- Fixed #553783 - Full-AOT issues with DateTime / TimeSpan / Guid
- Fixed #558604 - CultureInfo.CurrentCulture does not return the correct culture of the device
- Fixed #581666 - Crash with UIAlertView in latest beta 1.4.100
- Fixed #560243 - Application crashes on device when compiled with MonoTouch 18.104.22.16829
- Fixed #579899 - mtouch error when inheriting from a ViewCOntroller in a library
- Fixed #553637 - Breakpoints cause app to crash while running in simulator for active OpenGL apps
Fixed #584278 - Crash in Video Media Player Example
- Fixed #548988 - Cannot bind Web Service Type from return XML on Monotouch
- Fixed #584888 - Linked away error in Stream.Read
- Fixed regression in btouch leading to uncompilable bindings
- Fixed crash using UISaveVideoAtPathToSavedPhotosAlbum
- Fixed crash trying to use the simulator on Leopard
- Fixed ArgumentException thrown by ABPerson.Get*() if the native data is null
- Fixed need to use ServicePointManager.ServerCertificateValidationCallback to access HTTPS sites.
- Fixed a linker issue with XmlArrayItemAttribute on fields with -linksdkonly
- Fixed case where the linker was improperly removing attributes from SOAP requests in some cases
- Fixed the AVAudioPlayer.FromData methods to be static.
- Fixed crash disposing UIWebView from the wrong thread.
- Fixed a possible leak when assigning user types to certain properties
- Fixes a registrar bug improperly registering methods
- Fixed the case where UIBarButtonItem managed proxy could be leaked cause callbacks to fail