MonoTouch Release Notes:
Fixes in RC2
- In very specific cases, wrappers could be shared improperly between methods leading to a crash.
Additions in RC
- Added System.Json
- Added Mono.Security for HTTPS and NTLM
- Added MonoTouch.Foundation.PreserveAttribute to preserve members from the linker
- Added NSObject.BeginInvokeOnMainThread(Selector,NSObject), NSObject.BeginInvokeOnMainThread(NSAction) for the non-waiting behavior of -[NSObject performSelectorOnMainThread:withObject:waitUntilDone] (i.e. when waitUntilDone=NO)
- Added CGImage.WithMaskingColors (float )
- Added static NSObject.Alloc (Class)
- Added MediaPlayer binding
- Added DrawString overloads for UIView
- Added NSUrlMutableRequest binding
- Added encoding operations to convert strings to NSData
- Added NSData to string conversion routines
- Added NSUrlConnection.SendSynchronousRequest
- Added NSUrlRequest indexer to retrieve Header values
Fixes in RC
- Fixed crash when using -linksdkonly
- Fixed SpecialFolders.MyDocuments to point to the sandbox/Documents
- Fixed System.IO.Compression
- Fixed MapKit binding to allow interchangable use of MKAnnotation and MKPlacemark
- Fixed NSBundle.LoadNib to property return an NSArray
- Fixed Serialization of value type properties
- Fixed invalid GCHandle storage of deleted objects
- Fixed alignment error when throwing exceptions in the simulator
- Fixed static generic context trampoline to not clobber $r1
Removals in RC
- Removed NSObject.InvokeOnMainThread (Selector, NSObject, bool)
Changes in RC
- Renamed static CGImage.Copy (CGImage) to instance CGImage.Clone ()
- Renamed instance CGImage.Copy (CGImage, CGColorSpace) to instance CGImage.WithColorSpace (CGColorSpace)
- Renamed static CGImage.FromImageInReck (CGImage, RectangleF) to instance CGImage.WithImageInRect (RectangleF)
- Renamed static CGImage.FromImageMask (CGImage, CGImage) to instance CGImage.WithMask (CGImage)
- Renamed URL property to Url on NSUrlRequest
1.0 Beta 8
Additions in Beta 8
- added -gcc_flags option to mtouch
- added NSData.Bytes and NSData.Count
- added full support for decimal types
Fixes in Beta 8
- fixed a bug when linking assemblies with InternalsVisibleTo attributes
- fixed bug when pinvoke callbacks were called on an unregistered thread
- fixed TabBarItem to exist on UIViewController
- fixed compilation on x86 when -ObjC is used
- fixed NSBundle.LoadNib binding
Changes in Beta 8
- removed -lib flag from mtouch (use -gcc_flags)
1.0 Beta 7
Additions in Beta 7
- Added NSBundle.LoadNib
- Added NSBundle.PathForImageResource
- Added NSBundle.PathForSoundResource
- Added NSData.FromUrl
- Added UIImage.FromData
- Added UITabBarController.TabBarItem
Fixes in Beta 7
- Fixed mtouch invocation of the linker for simulator configurations.
- Fixed UIActionSheet.WillDismiss event.
Changes in Beta 7
- Removed the OpenTK.Graphics.ES11.GL.LoadAll() and
OpenTK.Graphics.ES20.GL.LoadAll() methods. Now to initialize the GL types you
must do one of two things:
- Inherit from OpenTK.Platform.iPhoneOS.iPhoneOSGameView, and call either iPhoneOSGameView.CreateFrameBuffer() or iPhoneOSGameView.Run() before using any GL methods.
- Call OpenTK.Platform.Utilities.CreateGraphicsContext() before making any GL calls.
- The GLPaint and OpenGLESSample samples have been updated to use Utilities.CreateGraphicsContext() to initialize GL
- New GLPaint-GV and OpenTLESSample-GV samples have been added to use iPhoneOSGameView for comparison
1.0 Beta 6
Additions in Beta 6
- added experimental System.Xml support
Fixes in Beta 6
- fixed long alignment when transitioning to icalls
- fixed long alignment in managed methods compiled by the cross compiler
- fixed exception handling when assemblies have been stripped
Changes in Beta 6
- Updated OpenTK to r2183 (this is a API and ABI change)
- renamed OpenTK.Graphics.ES11.ES to OpenTK.Graphics.ES11.GL
- renamed OpenTK.Graphics.ES20.ES to OpenTK.Graphics.ES20.GL
1.0 Beta 5
Additions in Beta 5:
- added Initial experimental Snow Leopard support.
- added AVFramework bindings
- added AddressBook bindings
- added AddressBookUI bindings
- added mtouch -lib for linking static native libraries
Fixes in Beta 5:
- fixed null object marshalling
- fixed Missing selector exception when using PerformSelector / InvokeOnMainThread
- fixed Socket problem on device when probing for ipv6 support
- fixed implicit conversion of null NSStrings
- fixed UILabel.Text to allow null's
- fixed mtouch to generate xcodeproj's with the requisite frameworks linked
1.0 Beta 4
Fixes in Beta 4:
- fixed UIAlertView.Messeget typo
- fixed crash with HttpWebClient.Credentials in NtlmClient
- fixed #532128, UIBarButtonItem.Clicked not working in some cases
- fixed #530963, linking issue with virtual generics methods
- fixed #531955, full-aot crash when using Dictionary<int,int>
- fixed #532120, full-aot crash working with String
1.0 Beta 3
Additions in Beta 3:
- added bindings for NSAutoreleasePool
- add moutch --version command
- added bindings to StoreKit
- added bindings to SystemConfiguration
- Add NSObject.InvokeOnMainThread () bindings.
Fixes in Beta 3:
- fixed alwaysBounceHorizontal typo
- fixed #530807 (typo in UITableView)
- fixed UIView.MovedToSuperview typo
- fixed alignment of doubles in the cross compiler
- Improve documentation import run at installation time
- fixed generic interface thunk code to not clobber IP register
- fixed LINQ iterators with value types
- fixed linking of GenericComparer<> (#530961)
- fixed null argument handling in runtime marshaller
- fixed stackoverflow in PerformSelector call
1.0 Beta 2
Additions in Beta 2:
- Added a -linksdkonly parameter to mtouch to link only the sdk and preserve the user assemblies.
Fixes in Beta 2:
- Microsoft.Win32 namespace was too aggressively linked.
- HttpRequestCreator and friends (Ftp, File) were missing their constructors.
- mtouch was not properly reporting missing assemblies.
- mtouch was not resolving references recursively.
- mtouch now takes only one assembly, the other have to be specified by -r.
- Fixed WebRequest authentication.
- mtouch now signs the SDK assemblies.
- Fixed a linker bug wrt virtual methods implementing interfaces and override a method defined in a base class.
- Fixed a linker bg wrt virtual methods implementing generic interfaces.
- Fixed a mtouch bug where arguments were not properly quoted when aot compiling the assemblies.
- Fixed -framework linking when using things .
- Improved imported documentation (properties now imported, etc.).
1.0 Beta 1