Last Update: 5/31/2018
- The latest features and API requires Xcode 9.3 and the bundled iOS, tvOS and watchOS SDKs;
- Apple Xcode 9.3 requires a Mac running OSX 10.13 (High Sierra) or newer;
What's New in this Release
- 3544 - [foundation] Avoid unnecessary native calls for
- 3870 - [arkit] Add missing
- 3525 - Build assemblies we ship deterministically, i.e.
- 3926 - [msbuild] Use a response file in
- 3869 - [generator] Allow
[WrapAttribute]usage with interface protocols
This version Xamarin.iOS correspond to our 15.8 (
- May 31, 2018 - Xamarin.iOS 184.108.40.2061
- May 7, 2018 - Xamarin.iOS 220.127.116.110
You can learn more about how we ship our releases in the Visual Studio 2017 Release Rhythm document.
May 31, 2018 - Xamarin.iOS 18.104.22.1681
This version is included in the Visual Studio 2017 version 15.8 Preview 2 release.
- 4030 - [scenekit]
SCNPhysicsShape.Createtransforms parameter is bound incorrectly
- 4031 - [scenekit]
SCNHitTestOptions SearchModebound incorrectly
- 4072 - [mtouch][mmp]
BlockProxyattribute with invalid type will cause
- 4087 - [scenekit] Crash when setting RenderingApi on
May 7, 2018 - Xamarin.iOS 22.214.171.1240
This version is included in the Visual Studio 2017 version 15.8 Preview 1 release.
- 3199 - [msbuild] Skip reference assemblies passed to
- 3716 - [gameplaykit] Fix naming of
- 3781 - [mtouch] Use full path to
- 3830 - [runtime] Don't throw exceptions when checking if a token reference exists (and not finding any)
- 3871 - [coretext] Fix
GetMatchingFontDescriptorsoverload with sort callback
- 3905 - [msbuild] Catch
IBToolTaskfails to load plist output
- 3922 - [msbuild] Fixed
- 3933 - [mtouch] Fix parsing of
- 3943 - [runtime] Don't lock while calling selectors that can up calling managed code
- 3944 - [spritekit] Fix
- 60624 - [mtouch] Ignore
objc-missing-super-callswarnings from clang when compiling registrar code
Integrated Mono Features/Fixes
Xamarin.iOS uses a customized runtime and base class librairies (BCL) from Mono.
Additional information can be found in Mono release notes.
Using an older Xcode version
Using an older Xcode version (than the one mentioned in the above requirements) is often possible, but some features may not be available. Also some limitations might requires workarounds, e.g.:
- The static registrar requires Xcode headers files to build applications, leading to
MT4109errors if API are missing. In most cases enabling the managed linker will help (by removing the API).
- Bitcode builds (for tvOS and watchOS) can fail submission to the App Store unless an Xcode 9.0+ toolchain is used.
The following documents contains a complete list of the API changes since the Xamarin.iOS 11.10 stable release:
Your feedback is important to us. If there are any problems with this release, check the Xamarin.iOS Forums and Xamarin Bugzilla Tracker for existing issues. If you do not find any matching issue, please feel free to start a new discussion and report an issue.
Xamarin.iOS is based on the following open-source repositories: