Last Update: 4/2/2018
This version of Xamarin.iOS corresponds to our xcode9.3 (
xcode9.3) milestone. This is based on our stable
d15-6 milestone, i.e. Xamarin.iOS 11.8.x.
- The latest features and API requires Xcode 9.3 and the bundled iOS, tvOS and watchOS SDKs;
- Apple Xcode 9.3 requires a Mac running OSX 10.13.2 (High Sierra) or newer;
What's New in this Release
Support for Xcode 9.3
The SDK tooling has been updated to
- Support the new OS from simulators: iOS 11.3, tvOS 11.3 and watchOS 4.3;
- Support launching to devices;
There were very few changes in the SDK but it's worth mentioning:
- an improved ARKit version 1.5; and
- a new BusinessChat framework for both iOS and macOS.
Other changes can be seen in the [API diff](#API Diff) section of this document.
- April 2, 2018 - Xamarin.iOS 18.104.22.168
- March 9, 2018 - Xamarin.iOS 22.214.171.124
- February 15, 2018 - Xamarin.iOS 126.96.36.199
You can learn more about how we ship our releases in the Visual Studio 2017 Release Rhythm document.
April 2, 2018 - Xamarin.iOS 188.8.131.52
This is the initial, stable release with support for Xcode 9.3. There were no late API change in the final release of Xcode 9.3. This version includes all the fixes from the recently released 11.8 service release 3.
March 9, 2018 - Xamarin.iOS 184.108.40.206
This version is available as a web preview. It is the successor of the 11.6.99.x releases which were based on our earlier stable (15.5) release.
Bindings for the new BusinessChat framework are now available along API additions in beta 3 and 4.
February 15, 2018 - Xamarin.iOS 220.127.116.11
This version is available as a web preview. It will work correctly with the current stable Visual Studio for Mac (7.3) and Visual Studio 2017 (15.5) on Windows.
Using an older Xcode version
Using an older Xcode version (than the one mentioned in the above requirements) is often possible, but some features may not be available. Also, some limitations might require workarounds, e.g.:
- The static registrar requires Xcode headers files to build applications, leading to
MT4109errors if API are missing. In most cases enabling the managed linker will help (by removing the API).
- Bitcode builds (for tvOS and watchOS) can fail submission to the App Store unless an Xcode 9.0+ toolchain is used.
Changes introduced to MPS in Xcode 9.3 are marked as experimental, we will wait for Apple to make the API stable before binding them so we do not introduce unnecessary breaking changes later.
The following documents contains a complete list of the API changes since our (11.6) stable release:
Your feedback is important to us. If there are any problems with this release, check the Xamarin.iOS Forums and Xamarin Mac/iOS Github Repository for existing issues. If you do not find any matching issue, please feel free to start a new discussion and report an issue.
Xamarin.iOS is based on the following open-source repositories: