Xamarin.iOS for Visual Studio 1.8
Xamarin.iOS for Visual Studio 1.8 contains several bug fixes and new features.
- Xamarin.iOS 7.0.4 or higher is required to use this version of Xamarin.iOS for VS.
- Xamarin.iOS for VS 1.8 is compatible with Xamarin.Android 4.10.1.
- Older versions of the Visual Studio extensions may fail to update both extensions correctly. If you have updated and are seeing error messages, please ensure you have Xamarin.Android 4.10.1 installed. Here's a direct link to 4.10.1 .
Portable Class Library support added
- You can now select Xamarin.iOS and Xamarin.Android as target frameworks for Portable Class Libraries
- For more information, check out our new Portable Class Library document .
Pairing feature added
- There is now a Xamarin.iOS Build Host application. This application will need to be running on your Mac during Xamarin.iOS for Visual Studio use.
- Pairing is initiated from Visual Studio. Connecting to your Build Host will prompt for a code that is generated using the Xamarin.iOS Build Host application. Please see our updated Windows Installation guide for additional details.
- You can log into your Xamarin account directly through Visual Studio from the Xamarin Account dialog.
- More details about your current account state are available in Xamarin Account dialog.
- You can access the Xamarin Account dialog from the Visual Studio Tools menu.
- Improved UI for SDK/API Docs synchronizing processes.
- Sync notifications will now appear in the Taskbar.
- You can now manually initiate the SDK sync from Xamarin.iOS Options.
- Added MS Help Viewer support for VS 2010/12/13.
- Documentation update notifications will now appear in the Taskbar.
- The updater workflow has significantly changed.
- You will no longer be able to download individual updates for the Visual Studio extensions, they must be updated together.
- Update notifications will now appear in the Taskbar.
- Please note: Downgrading through the updater continues to be unsupported.
- Adds support for VS2013.
- IPhoneResourcePrefix support has been added.
- MfA device chooser removed.
- Dropdown now includes simulators and attached devices. When selected, simulator will transition from [A]=Available to [S] Starting to just the name when running.
- [iOS-VS] Unable to close VS to finish Xamarin.iOS sdk update
- Distribution Profiles should sync correctly to the server
- Xamarin Updates actions lock entire UI