Xamarin.iOS 8.4 adds support for Apple's iOS 8.1 APIs and Xcode 6.1, while it remains identical to the previous 8.2 release in other aspects.
The following document contains a list of the API changes from API changes from 8.2 to 8.4.
- Adds new iOS 8.1 API and Xcode 6.1 support
- Support for the NetworkExtension.framework
- [pcl] Enable PCL facades assemblies for unified [#23451]
- Starter edition size limit raised to 128KB [188.8.131.52+]
- [mscorlib] Fixed Environment.GetFolderPath wrt iOS8 location changes for Document and Library directories [#24083] [184.108.40.206+]
- [debugger] Fix the lookup of nested types which have a namespace [#21653][#23830] [220.127.116.11+]
- [arm] Fix OP_LOCALLOC on ARM even if the size is large [#24221] [18.104.22.168+]
- [objcruntime] Fix PlatformHelper.ParseApiPlatform not to throw on unknown/future iOS versions [#25211] [22.214.171.124+]
Apple Xcode 6.1 requires Mac OSX 10.9.4+ (Mavericks) or 10.10 (Yosemite).