The Xamarin.iOS 8.7 preview releases adds support for Apple's iOS 8.2 APIs (including the new WatchKit framework) and Xcode 6.2, while it remains identical to the current 8.6.x stable release in other aspects.
Apple Xcode 6.2 requires Mac OSX 10.9.4+ (Mavericks) or 10.10 (Yosemite).
This third release match the tools and API provided with Xcode 6.2 beta 5 and iOS 8.2 beta 5 and includes the fixes of the second service release of XI 8.6 (8.6.2).
The following document contains a list of the API changes from API changes from 8.6.2 to 8.7.2.
- [watchkit] Added WKInterfaceController.AddMenuItem overloads using System.Action
- [watchkit] WKInterfaceController methods documented to be called from the main thread will now throw a managed exception if called from a background thread
- [objcruntime] Fix Runtime.ConnectMethod in the new registrars [#24861]
This second release match the tools and API provided with Xcode 6.2 beta 5 and iOS 8.2 beta 5.
The following document contains a list of the API changes from API changes from 8.6.0 to 8.7.1.
- Added bindings for
CFNotificationCenterto ease communication between the host application and the watch extension;
This first release match the tools and API provided with Xcode 6.2 beta 4 and iOS 8.2 beta 4.
The following document contains a list of the API changes from API changes from 8.6.0 to 8.7.0.
- Adds new iOS 8.2 API and Xcode 6.2 support;
- Support for the WatchKit.framework
- Can't launch application on Watch simulator. This seems to be an issue with the iOS Simulator hanging when trying to install an app that has changed. Xcode release notes (beta 4) includes a similar known issue: If the issue persists, reset the Simulator (iOS Simulator > Reset Content and Settings...)