The Xamarin.iOS 8.8 releases adds support for Apple's iOS 8.2 APIs (including the new WatchKit
framework) and Xcode 6.2.### Major features
- Adds new iOS 8.2 API and Xcode 6.2 support;
Support for the WatchKit.framework
Xamarin.iOS 8.8.2 is a service release including important fixes to the current stable release. There is no API change in this release.
- [runtime] Fix random crash due to threading issue in new threadpool heuristics code [#26307]
- [msbuild] Add the 'UIRequiredDeviceCapabilities' array (with 'watch-companion') for watchkit extensions [#28078]
- [msbuild] Add missing files to allow support for WatchKit physical devices (188.8.131.52+) [#28324]
[runtime] Avoid use of internal types in WatchKit extension startup code (184.108.40.206+) [#28609]
Xamarin.iOS 8.8.1 is a service release including important fixes to the current stable release. There is no API change in this release.
- [aot] Fixed full AOT crash (Instructions.cpp:281) that can affect F# [#26346]
- [aot] Fixed copying non-metadata strings in MONOPATCHINFOLDSTRLIT [#26989]
- [sgen] Fixed bug in 64 bit LOS cardtable scanning [#27147]
- [arm64] Added support for byref vtypes returns to the dyn call code [#27201]
- [coremedia] Fixed CMFormatDescription.Create(IntPtr) to assume owns=false [#27205]
[arm64] Fixed mini-arm64-gsharedvt.c:91 assertion [#27244]
Xamarin.iOS 8.8.0 adds support for Apple's iOS 8.2 APIs (including the new WatchKit
framework) and Xcode 6.2, while it remains identical to the current [8.6.3](xamarin.ios_8.6) stable release in other aspects.The following document contains a list of the API changes from [API changes from 8.6.3 to 8.8.0](/releases/ios/api_changes/from_8.6.3_to_8.8.0).
- [corefoundation] Added bindings for
CFNotificationCenterto ease communication between the host application and the watch extension;
- [externalaccessory] Added missing EAWiFiUnconfiguredAccessoryBrowser.ConfigureAccessory [#26610]
- [objcruntime] Fix Runtime.ConnectMethod in the new registrars [#24861]
Older release notes for the beta/previews versions of Xamarin.iOS WatchKit support can be read from the 8.7 release notes page.