Xamarin's support for the iOS 9.1 Releases
The Xamarin.iOS 9.1.x series introduces support for Apple's iOS 9.1 APIs and Xcode 7.1. It is based on existing Xamarin.iOS 9.0.1 and Mono 4.0 stable releases.
Due to non-backward compatible changes in Xcode 7.x toolchain this version of Xamarin.iOS is only supported when used with Xcode 7.x or later, which requires the use Mac OSX 10.10.5 (Yosemite) or newer.
This version does not
provide support for tvOS or watchOS in this release. Xamarin has previews (XI 9.3) available for both plaforms. See our forums
for the latest information and download links.## New Features
There are no new frameworks in iOS 9.1. Existing frameworks were updated, mostly to add new API for the upcoming iPad Pro (and its optional pen) and LivePhotos.- Updates to UIKit for presses, precise location (pen) and focus related API - Updates to Photo[UI] frameworks for LivePhotos - Updates to GameplayKit framework
Custom attributes for API availability
We added new custom attributes for API availability. The new
types allow API to be marked for tvOS and watchOS (or any platform
that Apple will introduce in the future). The new attributes are:-
enum currently support MacOSX, iOS, WatchOS and TvOS.### Binding generator support for enums
The binding generator (btouch) can now optionally
types inside binding files. This makes it possible to control code generation (e.g. with the `[Unavailable]`
attribute) per platform with minimal use of conditional code and ease code sharing of bindings across iOS, Mac, tvOS and watchOS.
If you use this option then your bindings might duplicate
This is an hotfix release.### Bug fixes
[watchkit] Submission rejected with "Invalid WatchKit Support" [ #35493 ]
This is the stable release based on Apple’s release of the Xcode 7.1 and iOS 9.1 SDK.### Bug fixes
- [generator] Make processing enum in binding optional [ #35231 ]
- [generator] Use C# name for enum base type as MS csc does not suport .NET name [ #35232 ]
[generator] Remove UI thread checks in Photo (it was for PhotosUI) [ #35276 ]
This is a beta release based on Apple’s release of the Xcode 7.1 and iOS 9.1 SDK. You can use this build to submit to the app store but it’s possible that the upcoming stable build might contains some slight differences.
This release is synchronized with Xamarin's C5SR5 (Cycle 5 Service Release 5) which main goal is to provide El Capitan support and fixes across all products.
The following document contains a complete list of the API changes from 9.0.1 to 9.1.0
.### El Capitan support fixes
- [msbuild][xvs] Build C# iOS Native Library Project error [Failed to execute 'ls /usr/bin/mono': ExitStatus=1] [ #34716 ]
- [msbuild][xvs] iOS Binding project fails to build after updating to Xamarin for VS 3.11.1450.0 [ #34743 ]
- [corebluetooth] Add CBErrorDomain and CBATTErrorDomain support [ #31201 ]
- [uikit] NSLayoutConstraint.FromVisualFormat issue [ #34012 ]
- [healthkit] Expose HKErrorDomain [ #34140 ]
- [foundation] Add a name for the NSURLAuthenticationChallengeSender protocol (case mismatch) [ #34615 ]
- [registrar] Add support for returning delegates from methods and properties [ #34874 ]