Xamarin 9.4.x Releases
Xamarin.iOS 9.4 introduces support for iOS 9.2 and Xcode 7.2. This is not a large update from Apple so it's very close to our 9.2.x series.
Due to non-backwards compatible changes in Xcode 7 toolchain this version of Xamarin.iOS is only supported when used with Xcode 7 or later. This indirectly means the oldest version of iOS that applications can be directly deployed (on devices) is iOS 6.
Support for iOS 9.2 and Xcode 7.2.
- [insights] iOS apps fails to connect to debugger when Xamarin.Insights is enabled. In Forms templates, Xamarin.Insights is enabled by default [#34885]
The 9.4.2 is a service release including the following changes:
- [msbuild] Archiving for Publishing generates wrong value for CloudKit entitlement preventing distribution [#36189]
- [jit] Fix the support for gshared types in mini_emit_initobj [#37079]
- [generator] Be more defensive when converting pointers to CMSampleBuffers [#37187]
- [llvm] Disable support for nested clauses, it still doesn't work. Fixes #37273 [#37273] [188.8.131.52+]
- [jit] Fix the reference type detection for Volatile:Read/Write [#37846] [184.108.40.206+]
The 9.4.1 release replace the, short-lived 9.2.2 service release. It's identical to the previous one but includes the iOS 9.2 API update and Xcode 7.2 support.
The following document contains a complete list of the API changes from 9.4.0 to 9.4.1.
- [profiler] Create a static version of libmono-profiler-log which doesn't link against eglib [#29745]
- [msbuild] Make sure to touch the Watch App binary during a build [#34205]
- [registrar] Properly handle Selector and Class return values in the static registrar [#34440]
- [mtouch] Fix background fetch (Xcode change) [#34552]
- [linker] Fix generics usage inside custom attributes [#34609]
- [coregraphics] Fix CGDataProvider to not free GCHandles before the native code is done with the corresponding data [#34633]
- [msbuild] Fix Error reading framework definition '/Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/External/xbuild-frameworks/Xamarin.TVOS/v1.0' [#35510]
- [mtouch] Set a max number of simultaneous strippers and AOT compilers [#35786]
- [btouch] Fix possible AmbiguousMatchException when finding properties [#35837]
- [arm64] Fix passing of vtypes by ref [#35959]
- [msbuild] Default IpaIncludeArtwork to False [#36238 ]
- [runtime] Don't set the BLOCK_HAS_DESCRIPTOR flag for blocks [#36317]
- [msbuild] Find the correct architecture for device specific builds
- [msbuild] msbuild does not pass the `float32` option to mtouch
- [mscorlib] Invalid DateTime format for Norway, Serbia and Finland cultures [#36003 ] (220.127.116.11+)
- [System.Runtime.Serialization] Static serializer changed to avoid Nullable value-types#36100 ] (18.104.22.168+)
- [aot] Cache inflated methods loaded from aot images to avoid repeating an expensive search [#36256 ] (22.214.171.124+)
- [gsharedvt] async / await - custom awaiter crashing on device [#36383 ][#36676 ] (126.96.36.199+)
- [System.Xml] Fix endless recursion in XmlCompiledTransform [#36436 ] (188.8.131.52+)
- [aot] MethodInfo.MakeGenericMethod(...).Invoke causes "Attempting to JIT compile method" exception [#36566 ] (184.108.40.206+)
- [aot] Make sure ptr-to-structure and structure-and-ptr wrappers are unique [#20186] (220.127.116.11+)
- [aot] Don't hardcode the nursery size in aot write barriers [#35414] (18.104.22.168+)
- [mono] Fix float32 support for native type operations [#36125] (22.214.171.124+)
- [msbuild] Include com.apple.developer.icloud-container-environment in the whitelist [#36189 ] (126.96.36.199+)
- [jit] Avoid a verification error in gsharedvt code with ldarga + gshared types [#36292] (188.8.131.52+)
- XmlObjectSerialier: fix ISerializable for XmlObjectSerializer, DataContractSerializer... [#37171] (184.108.40.206+)
- [uikit] NSTextLayoutOrientationProvider.LayoutOrientation is a readonly property [#37405] (220.127.116.11+)
- [msbuild] Missing resources (storyboards, nibs...) inside .app [#38206] (18.104.22.168+)
This 9.4.x release includes all the fixes from the latest 9.2 stable release along with support for the final releases of iOS 9.2 and Xcode 7.2.
The following document contains a complete list of the API changes from 9.2.1 to 9.4.0.