- Most new features and API require Xcode 7.3 and the bundled iOS 9.3 SDK;
- Apple Xcode 7.3 requires a Mac running OSX 10.11 (El Capitan)
This release is an update to our latest Xamarin.iOS 9.4 stable release. It adds support for Xcode 7.3 and the new API introduced in the iOS 9.3 SDK.
The 9.6 release is an update to our latest Xamarin.iOS 9.4 stable release. It adds support for Xcode 7.3 and the new API introduced in the iOS 9.3 SDK.
This service release (the 4th for C6) includes some fixes from mono.
- 36080 - [system.servicemodel] SIGSEGV within VideoToolbox [9.6.2+]
- 37273 - [llvm] Disable support for nested clauses [9.6.2+]
- 37846 - [jit] Fix the reference type detection for Volatile:Read/Write [9.6.2+]
- [-] - [mini] Add missing gsharedvt write barrier [9.6.2+]
This service release (the 3rd for C6) adds support for Visual Studio Community Edition
Also all editions may now make use of these features which were previously restricted:
- Command-line builds, including headless builds;
- All types and assemblies may now be used, including
- P/Invoke; and
- No more application size limits;
Finally it removes the splash screen which was shown at launch for applications built with the Trial edition.
Xamarin.iOS 9.6: iOS 9.3 support
The major new features of iOS 9.3 (e.g. night shift) are not exposed thru API. Still a some new API were added, including:
- New HealthKitUI.framework with
CIMaskedVariableBlurbringing full filters parity between iOS and OSX;
The following document contains a complete list of the API changes from 9.4.2 to 9.6.0.
The iOS 9.3 SDK contains some breaking changes from Apple. A few API were removed or modified without being marked deprecated or obsoleted in the header files.
CKOperation.ActivityStartwas removed (native) and the managed API now returnd
The corresponding managed API are still present (to avoid breaking any binary assembly or component) but if you used those functionalities then you might need to adapt your code.
CMSensorRecorder API originally added in iOS 9 will only works in iOS 9.3+
. The affected API are:
CMSensorRecorder.GetAccelerometerDataSince is obsoleted as it does
not exists anymore in iOS.
- 39338 - [videotoolbox] SIGSEGV within VideoToolbox [9.6.1+]