220.127.116.11 is another preview release of the upcoming runtime unification, tracking changes as we stabilize towards a release.
- Fix issue preventing creation of unified full profile Xamarin.Mac application in Xamarin Studio
- Fix NSCell issue (Bug 24665).
18.104.22.168 is another preview release of the upcoming runtime unification, tracking changes as we stabilize towards a release. It contains bugs fixes and internal improvements.
- In Unified builds, AppDelegate.FinishedLaunching (Foundation.NSObject) has been removed in favor of its more strongly typed AppDelegate.DidFinishLaunching (NSNotification notification)
- New projects created with Xamarin Studio 5.7 will have the correct code, but existing Unified projects and projects created in previous versions will need to be updated.
22.214.171.124 is a preview release of the upcoming runtime unification. It also provides additional APIs.
- Runtime unification gives us the same runtime powering our Mac and iOS products. This will bring bug fixes and performance work done on iOS to OS X and enable many of the features that were pioneered in iOS to come to the Mac platform.
- This brings the new refcount to Xamarin.Mac.
- Check "Use the reference counting extension” in the project settings with Xamarin Studio 5.7 or pass --new-refcount as an additional mmp argument to try it out.
New Framework APIs
126.96.36.199 continues our tracking of the Yosemite APIs and provides additional APIs.
- Added initial code signing support to unified projects.
- Pulled in a number of bug fixes from the stable and beta releases.
- Fixed a libgdiplus+ regression that comes with mono 188.8.131.52. Xamarin Bug 23553.
The Xamarin.Mac 1.11.x series is based on our latest release (1.10) and introduces support for the new APIs in Apple's Yosemite OS X.
The 1.11.xx series is designed to rapidly track the changes on Apple's OS X 10.10 betas and have the same limitations and API guarantees that a standard Apple OS X beta has. APIs will change and will be updated continuously as the beta process moves.
This release not only brings new APIs introduced with Yosemite, but like its 1.10 peer, it introduces support for Xamarin's new 32 and 64 bit Unified APIs.
Apple Xcode 6 beta requires Mac OSX 10.9.3+ (Mavericks) or 10.10 (Yosemite). OSX 10.8 (Mountain Lion) is not supported. Apple releases notes contains a list of changes and pending issues for both OS X 10.10 and Xcode 6 that you should review.
New Framework APIs
New 64-bit only framework APIs (only available to unified projects)
New 32 and 64-bit framework APIs (only available to unified projects)
- SpriteKit currently does not work. This will be fixed in a future update.
You can see the changes from:
- Classic API: Our Stable Release to the Yosemite Preview Release (1.10.0 to 1.11.0)
- Unified API: Our Stable Release to the Yosemite Preview Release (1.10.0 to 1.11.0
Connect with other Xamarin.Mac users on our forums.
Join us at our Live Chat for live support and discussions.