- Added bindings for
- Fixed a regression where
NSApplication.EndSheetwould crash when attempting to invoke the
NSActionpassed to a corresponding
- Fixed 12597, preventing a crash when a managed method returns a null string to the native runtime, such as in
- Fixed 12529, preventing a crash when setting an
- Fixed 12712, avoiding a crash in
CMSampleBuffer.CreateWithNewTimingto allow adjusting the time of
- Added linker support to preserve types using XML serialization and data contracts attributes.
- Added a new sample demonstrating
The focus of this release was on providing strongly-typed notifications for the AppKit framework, the introduction of three low-level C API bindings, and general bug fixing.
You can check our Roadmap to learn where Xamarin.Mac is headed.
AppKit Strongly-Typed Notifications
Full coverage and support for strongly-typed notifications has been introduced for the AppKit framework. These provide a code-completion-friendly API design for accessing dictionary entries on notifications through strong typing.
"High-Level" app+user focused APIs for
have been introduced.
CFPreferences is in the CoreFoundation
framework and is wrapped by the higher-level
NSUserDefaults in the
NSUserDefaults is preferred, but
CFPreferences can be useful for lower-level operations.
CFPreferences is thread safe.
NetworkReachability and CaptiveNetwork
NetworkReachability allows an application to determine the status of a system's current network configuration and the reachability of a target host.
CaptiveNetwork allows an application to interact with Captive
Network Support, the system component responsible for detecting networks that
require user interaction before providing internet access, such as those
typically found at WiFi hotspots in public locations such as airports and hotels.
HTML Forms in WebKit
The WebKit framework coverage was expanded to include
DomHtmlTextAreaElement to allow
fully interacting with HTML forms from C#. Additionally,
DomHtmlInputElement now includes a
DomFileList for supporting
Native Exception Marshalling
General support for marshalling native Objective-C exceptions
NSException) has been introduced to on APIs annotated with
[MarshalNativeExceptions]. Currently only a few APIs known for
throwing recoverable native exceptions support this feature:
MonoMac.Foundation.NSKeyedUnarchiver: its constructor and
If other APIs become known to be both problematic and recoverable, they can be annotated in the future. Please let us know.
For more details, see the Binding Types Reference Guide. Native
NSException objects will be wrapped in a managed
ObjCException which can be caught.
Other Notable Fixes and Changes
- Stock template images are now supported through the new
NSImageNameenum to be used in
- Fixed bundling native libraries where some used absolute paths for their dependencies. This previously broke when the Mono runtime was absent on the target system. #11351.
- Fixed issues when referencing mixed-mode (e.g. C++) .NET assemblies. #11448.
- Added support for bundling internationalized assemblies even if the linker is disabled.
Detailed API Differences
- Explore "Hello, Mac," our tutorial on building your first Xamarin.Mac application.
- Launch the Documentation Browser from Xamarin Studio (Help->Help) and browse the API under the MonoMac namespace.
- Check our extensive set of samples.
Connect with other Xamarin.Mac users on our forums.
Join us at our Live Chat for live support and discussions.