- The latest features and API requires Xcode 7.2 and the bundled macosx10.11 SDK;
- Apple Xcode 7.2 requires a Mac running OSX 10.10 (Yosemite) or 10.11 (El Capitan)
Xamarin.Mac Extensions - Xamarin.Mac 2.10 brings preview support for building OS X extensions.
The following extensions are currently supported:
More information, including details on limitations and work arounds can be found here.
- NSAccessibility - NSAccessibility related protocols have been bound and existiting classes such as NSApplication and NSButton now expose them.
- System.Runtime.Remoting has been added to the XM 4.5 target framework BCL.
Xamarin.Mac 2.10 does not have full support Xcode 8 when the static registrar is in use. This means projects with --registrar=static or Xamarin.Mac Extension projects must be built against Xcode 7.3 for now.
In macOS 10.12, Apple changed the implementation of NSLog in such a way that it will crash if p/invoked into from managed code. There is a tracking bug here and two known work arounds:
- Use System.Console.WriteLine instead of NSLog directly
- Create a small C static library which invokes NSLog for you, link it into your application, and invoke it instead.
A bug report has been opened with Apple.
Cycle 8 SR 1
- 44378 - Mac Migration Tool Not Working
- 44285 - Xcode interface builder quits every time I open Xamarin studio
43579 - Generator emits invalid code when using the same method name (overload) in @delegates using events and C# delegates
220.127.116.11 - 18.104.22.168
Cycle 8 SR 0 is a compatibility release aligning with the rest of the Xamarin Platform.
- 42443 - [AppleTLS] Fix hangs with some web sites when using macOS 10.12
44708 - [System] ChainValidationHelper: ignore port number when validating a certificate's host name (10.0.1.10+)
Cycle 8 Initial release.
43890 - [msbuild] Only include *.dylibs from the app bundle for codesigning (i.e. not from child PlugIns)
Third beta release.
- [registrar] Adjust the static registrar to work with Xcode 8 (where QT headers were removed)
43364 - [mmp] Fix native dependency processing when linker is disabled
XM 22.214.171.124 is a compatibility release aligning with the rest of the Xamarin Platform. No XM specific fixes have been included as part of this release.
- Disable (unsupported) linking requests in extension projects, as it currently will break execution.
- Add fobjc-runtime=macosx to 64-bit build clang invocations to improve static registrar support with newer SDKs.
- Improve bundled native framework support to set rpath to the bundle's Framework directory. This should prevent the need for manually adding in via additional mmp arguments in most cases now.
Improve F# support for Xamarin.Mac.
Updated C8 preview with full preview extension support.
The following documents contains a complete list of the API changes since our latest stable release: XM 2.8.2 (C7SR1)