- The latest features and API requires Xcode 8.1 and the bundled macosx10.12 SDK;
- Apple Xcode 8.0 requires a Mac running macOS 10.11 (El Capitan) or 10.12 (Sierra).
The Xamarin.Mac 3.0 release includes the new APIs that Apple added in the latest SDK (macosx10.12) shipped with Xcode 8.
Please note that the new MediaPlayer framework was changed to 64-bit only.
This release is built upon our open sourced SDK,
cycle9 branch, and based on Mono 4.8.0.
New NSUrlSessionHandler implementation
A new implementation of
NSUrlSessionHandler was contributed by Nick Berardi. The new version offers the same features as the previous one but requires less memory and, by reusing it, less time spent in the garbage collector;
- String optimizations inside the binding generator, i.e.
bmac, makes it 10% faster than previous releases;
- Additional caching in the registrar makes it about 4% faster than previous releases;
- Several fixes to allow the use of
xbuildin many cases. Applications using the Xamarin.Mac 4.5 Target framework can not use xbuild yet due to this bug.
Cycle 9 service release 0.
- Fixed multiple issues preventing use of nugets that depend upon netstandard13 facades. For now this will require modifying the TargetFrameworkVersion in your csproj to 4.6 with a text editor.
- 52437 - Random NullReferenceExceptions in StringBuilder.ThreadSafeCopy
46929 - Datetime error on Mono.data.Sqlite
Cycle 9 initial release.
51148 - [msbuild] .mdb files not copied for F# projects (10.4.0.121+)
Fixed NSSliderTouchBarItem.ValueAccesoryWidth to be nfloat, not double
51530 - [debugger] Ensure that we use the correct paths in the mono mdb files (10.4.0.97+)
Release canidate of Cycle 9.
Adds TouchBar API support. See https://github.com/xamarin/mac-samples/tree/master/TouchBarExample for a sample.
Alpha refresh of Cycle 9, our next major feature release.
Improves Xcode 8.2 support, in particular when the static registrar is used (--registrar=static or macOS extensions).
- 184.108.40.2064 - 220.127.116.111
Alpha release of Cycle 9, our next major feature release.
macOS 10.12 "preview" release. This release is based off of the same stack as C8 Xamarin.iOS.
A full stable release of Xamarin.Mac 3.0 will occur in the C9 timeframe.
The following documents contains a complete list of the API changes since our latest stable release: XM 2.10 (C8)