Last Update: 11/07/2018
- The latest features and APIs require Xcode 10.1 and the bundled macOS SDK
- Apple Xcode 10.1 requires a Mac running macOS 10.13.6 (High Sierra) or newer
What's New in this Release
There are two major improvements worth calling out:
- Improved 10.14 support - In some cases drawing corruptions could occur in AppKit, causing rather strange behavior.
- Improved build performance - In many cases actool was running every build, unnecessarily forcing rebuilds in common cases. By caching these results, build times after no changes are significantly improved.
This version of Xamarin.Mac corresponds to our 15.9 (
- November 7, 2018 - Xamarin.Mac 18.104.22.168
- October 24, 2018 - Xamarin.Mac 22.214.171.124
- October 2, 2018 - Xamarin.Mac 126.96.36.199
- September 11, 2018 - Xamarin.Mac 188.8.131.52
- August 21, 2018 - Xamarin.Mac 184.108.40.206
You can learn more about how we ship our releases in the Visual Studio 2017 Release Rhythm document.
November 7, 2018 - Xamarin.Mac 220.127.116.11
This version is included in the Visual Studio 2017 version 15.9 Preview 5 release.
This version includes support for Xcode 10.1.
October 24, 2018 - Xamarin.Mac 18.104.22.168
This version is included in the Visual Studio 2017 version 15.9 Preview 4 release.
- 3584 - [msbuild] Cache actool results
October 2, 2018 - Xamarin.Mac 22.214.171.124
This version is included in the Visual Studio 2017 version 15.9 Preview 3 release.
- 693034 - Include Xcode 10 support (SDK, API and tools) from Xamarin.Mac 5.0
- 3976 - [mmp] Add automatic detection of
September 11, 2018 - Xamarin.Mac 126.96.36.199
This version is included in the Visual Studio 2017 version 15.9 Preview 2 release.
- 4133 - [foundation] Add more useful information inside
- 4271 - [runtime] Make exception marshaling work with system mono
- 4308 - [open source] Fix resetting a README dependency when the hash exists, but the branch does not
- 4442 - [open source] Update
runtime.hto fix build errors with Embeddinator 4000
- 4569 - [mmp] Show a nice error if user tries to build a 32-bit app with Xcode 10
- 3724 - [debugger] Cannot step into the
- 4130 - [runtime] Always release blocks on the main thread (crash in
- 4235 - [msbuild] Fix
error MT0099 : Internal error : Not all assemblies for Xamarin.Sdk have link tasks
- 4237 - [msbuild] Fix
MT2002: Failed to resolve assembly: ...
- 4254 - [objcruntime]
Class.GetHandlenot handle byref types (crash linked to becomeFirstResponder)
- 4384 - [mmp] Fix
MissingMethodExceptionwhen mono 5.12 is used
- 4422 - [mmp] Fix
no type or protocol named 'MTKViewDelegate'after adding
- 4594 - [mmp] Ensure additional arguments are last (and can override msbuild arguments from response file)
Integrated Mono Features/Fixes
Xamarin.Mac uses a customized runtime and base class libraries (BCL) from Mono 2018-04.
August 21, 2018 - Xamarin.Mac 188.8.131.52
This version is included in the Visual Studio 2017 version 15.9 Preview 1 release.
Integrated Mono Features/Fixes
Xamarin.Mac uses a customized runtime and base class libraries (BCL) from Mono 2018-02.
Additional information can be found in Mono release notes.
This document contains a complete list of the API changes since the Xamarin.Mac 5.0 stable release.
Your feedback is important to us. If there are any problems with this release, check the Xamarin.Mac Forums and Xamarin Mac/iOS Github Repository for existing issues. If you do not find any matching issue, please feel free to start a new discussion and report an issue.
Xamarin.Mac is based on the following open-source repositories: