Profiler Preview 0.32.0
Another preview release of the Xamarin Profiler is available. Changes since last release include:
- Add missing keyboard shortcuts
- Cycle detector instrument
- Show activity spinner for long running operations
- Add ‘Memory’ and ‘Performance’ templates
- Fix crash when ‘Separate by thread’ is selected
- Improve look of Stack Trace view(s)
- Add searching to Console tab
- Dynamically resize instrument area based on number of instruments
- 38689 - Chart area shrinks when instruments are selected
- 38302 - Unable to check ‘Only persistent objects’ checkbox
- 37908 - Statistics text being trimmed
- 38854 - Progress indicator never goes away
- 38549 - Stack trace empty on exception markers popup
This is a preview release and there are definite limitations, including but not limited to:
- No official support for profiling Release builds
- Data sets are correct at time of collection but data mining and representation is preliminary. This will improve in future releases.
- Time instrument not available for Android and tvOS profiling
- Support for Xamarin.Mac app profiling is preliminary
- Enabling Boehm for iOS builds results in no useful data on devices, as allocations and calls need to be disabled
- Performance with large apps has been improved, but still lacking some
- Installation on Windows with previous versions (>= 0.24) fails, so old versions need to be uninstalled first.
We encourage users to get in touch and file bug reports so we can continue to make this tool more useful and more stable.