Profiler Preview 0.33.1
Another preview release of the Xamarin Profiler is available. Changes since last release include:
- More performance improvements
- 39556 - Placeholder text misbehaves when zooming
- 40713 - Old Xamarin.Mac used for building the package
- 40715 - Old Xamarin.Mac used for building the package
This is a preview release and there are definite limitations, including but not limited to:
- No official support for profiling Release builds
- Data sets are correct at time of collection but data mining and representation is preliminary. This will improve in future releases.
- Time instrument not available for tvOS profiling
- Support for Xamarin.Mac app profiling is preliminary
- Enabling Boehm for iOS builds results in no useful data on devices, as allocations and calls need to be disabled
- Performance with large apps has been improved, but still lacking some
- Installation on Windows with previous versions (>= 0.24) fails, so old versions need to be uninstalled first
We encourage users to get in touch and file bug reports so we can continue to make this tool more useful and more stable.