Profiler Preview 0.9-29
This is the 2nd preview release of the Xamarin Profiler. Changes since last release include:
- Sort heapshot view by timestamp by default
- Show backtrace for snapshot objects
- Fix resizing of ‘Take snapshot’ button
- Make backtrace view resize correctly to fit contents
- Fix dynamic resizing of Backtrace view
- Use ‘Snapshot’ instead of ‘Generation’ in UI strings
- Only change position of detail view's divider if extended area is collapsed
- Fix profiling on iOS devices
- Some small performance improvements
- Quote iOS .app paths, in case it has spaces
- Fix displaying of ‘running time’ in Instruments summary
- Fix “peaks” in allocations chart plot
This is a preview release and there are definite limitations, including but not limited to:
- Profiling Mac apps is not yet available.
- No official support for profiling Release builds
- Snapshots, call tree sorting not implemented on Windows
- Data sets are correct at time of collection but data mining and representation is preliminary. This will improve in future releases.
- No support for comparing/seeing delta of snapshots in this version
- Samples list not available on Android
- Live/Dead object status not yet supported - profiler always shows live
We encourage users to get in touch and file bug reports so we can continue to make this tool more useful and more stable.