Xcode 6 and iOS 8 Support
This release provides support for testing against Xcode 6 Simulators and devices. There are a number of issues remaining. Those listed below are the most pressing.
- Cannot launch 7.0.3 simulators from Xcode 6 GM (Apple bug )
- UIAApplication preferences API is broken on devices 
- iOS 8 GM goes into infinite logging loop: ScriptAgent no access to UniqueDeviceID 
-  http://openradar.appspot.com/radar?id=5221532267708416
-  http://openradar.appspot.com/radar?id=5278414814576640
-  http://openradar.appspot.com/radar?id=5234977662828544
-  https://github.com/calabash/run_loop/issues/34
Xcode 6 and iOS 8 XTC Support
We are phasing-in iOS 8 on-device support and the results are good.
- Suppressing instruments "WebKit Threading Violation" errors 
- Updates Automation tracetemplate detection for Xcode 6 GM (hotfix) 
- Use awesome print for debug logging 
- Fix computation of web view element positions on (broken) iOS 8 web views 
- Unfreeze DEFAULT_OPTS; allows users to override wait settings 
- Use :host strategy for iOS 8 GM devices 
The following classes/modules have been moved to the run-loop gem. They will be deprecated and replaced with their run-loop equivalents in future releases.
We are exploring deprecating the
calabash_exit method. This might break code coverage support. We think this change will provide a more stable test environment in Xcode 6.
Thank you to everyone who is reporting bugs for Xcode 6 GM / iOS 8 GM. We are working hard to resolve the remaining problems and are waiting for Apple to respond to several open bug reports.
-  http://openradar.appspot.com/radar?id=6401726466752512
-  https://github.com/calabash/run_loop/pull/32
-  https://github.com/calabash/run_loop/pull/25
-  https://github.com/calabash/calabash-ios-server/pull/66
-  https://github.com/calabash/calabash-ios/pull/514
-  https://github.com/calabash/calabash-ios/pull/501
-  http://openradar.appspot.com/radar?id=5891145586442240