Calabash iOS 0.18.1
- This release requires a server update to 0.18.1.
- This releases requires at least run-loop 2.0.6.
- Calabash iOS now requires ruby >= 2.0.
These two wiki pages have instructions for updating the most recent versions.
- App bundle detection has been improved. It is not clear if the changes will work for all users. @ark-konopacki
calabash-ios checkcorrectly detects the Calabash iOS server
- Calabash::Cucumber::Formatter is now correctly imported
Thanks @ark-konopacki for various fixes and improvements.
Please do not install gems with sudo.
If you are just getting started with Ruby and Calabash on MacOS, we have a new tool: the calabash-sandbox.
For advanced users, we recommend a managed ruby.
If you are not already using bundler and Gemfile, we strongly recommend that you start.
Docs and Examples
For this release, we've updated the README and many of the wiki pages. At the moment the wiki is publicly editiable. If you see a typo or a way to improve the docs, please make the change. If the change is significant, create an issue and we can discuss.
We have also updated the following repositories:
- Getting starting with Calabash
- iOS Smoke Test App
- nearly 100% coverage of all the Calabash iOS gestures and behaviors
- examples of how manage the app life cycle and reset the keychain
- scripts that demonstrate an efficient Calabash workflow, including how to stage binaries from Xcode builds and how to submit to the Xamarin Test Cloud.
- iOS WebView App
- Updated with iframe examples
We've discovered the :preferences is not stable enough to use on Simulators or physical devices. The default will remain :host.
Calabash 2.0 is in pre-release.
Please report issues with Calabash 2.0 as a GitHub issue or on Stack Overflow.
We are looking for help from the community to finish implementing Calabash 2.0. You can see what has to be done in the project GitHub issues.
Xamarin Test Cloud users: Calabash 2.0 is not yet supported on Test Cloud. Test Cloud support will be available before Calabash 2.0 is released.
- Testing on Physical Devices
- Improving Network Stability
- Managing Privacy Alerts: Location Services, APNS, Contacts
- Load Calabash dylibs in Debug configuration at runtime
- UIWebView and WKWebView API
This is a reminder to check out the Calabash documentation on the Xamarin site. The information there is excellent and constantly improving.
- RunLoop::XCTools has been deprecated (replaced) in run-loop 1.5.0.
- RunLoop::Bridge::Simctl has been deprecated (replaced) in run-loop 2.0
- RunLoop::SimControl is in the process of being deprecated; planned for run-loop 3.0
- instruments and Instruments.app cannot launch apps on iOS 7.1 Simulators on Yosemite with Xcode 6
- Xcode 6.3 - instruments cannot launch my app on iOS 8.3 Simulators [RESOLVED]
- Enable Development After Upgrading Devices to 8.*
- Errno::EINTR: Interrupted system call
- NSLog output can cause apps to become unresponsive during testing