Important Note For Upgrading
This release updates several of the nuget packages referenced by Xamarin.Forms to support the latest GooglePlayServices. To ensure your projects are compatible, make sure your AndroidSDK is fully up to date (API 21 must be installed, as well as latest build tools), GooglePlayServices is up to date in the SDK manager, and that the Compile and TargetFramework of your android application is set to either Latest or 21 (if you use VS, 21 is probably better as you wont get nuget package errors, but both will work once the packages are installed).
So to wrap up, the following things are required:
- Latest Android SDK installed. (Might take several runs of SDK Manager to get fully up to date)
- Latest verison of GooglePlayServices installed
- Android App Project set to TargetFramework 21, Minimum 15, Compile 21.
- Nuget packages updated (should happen automatically when updating Forms)
- Add implicit Xaml conversion for System.DateTime
- Nuget package deps updated to latest version. This update is mandatory to maintain compatibility with GooglePlayServices 22.
- Android now uses the correctly styled AlertDialog to display an ActionSheet
- Minor performance improvements
- Bug 26147 - NullReferenceException when swiping over Context Actions
- Bug 26036 - Android databound label FormattedText not updating when property changes
- Bug 25954 - Build fails targeting iOS 6.1
- Bug 25951 - Android FrameRenderer leaks background image.
- Bug 25869 - CarouselPage flicker when it moves to current page on iOS
- Bug 25809 - Scrolling view causes timer to stop incrementing
- Bug 25791 - Windows Phone: Focus() method of DatePicker is not working properly. (Also fixed for TimePicker)
- Bug 25752 - TextCell IsEnabled property not disabling element in TableView
- Bug 25734 - NavigationBar.ToolbarItems.Add() crashes / breaks app in iOS7. works fine in iOS8
- Bug 25661 - ToolbarItem not showing as disabled when CanExecute is set to false
- Bug 25639 - ListView ItemTapped issue on Windows Phone
- Bug 25638 - Unable to use Style Setters for BindableProperties that have defaultValueCreator
- Bug 25611 - In WindowsPhone, an exception occurs in ScrollTo of ListView.
- Bug 25592 - Memory Leak when using Custom Renderer in conjunction with RaiseChild/LowerChild
- Bug 25591 - RaiseChild/LowerChild appear reversed on Android
- Bug 25545 - CarouselPage rotation on iOS on iPad leaves page in half shown state.
- Bug 25396 - NSInternalConsistencyException when binding a ListView to an ObservableCollection.
- Bug 25320 - MasterDetail Master/Menu fails after MasterDetail has been reused
- Bug 25319 - Setting a different Detail page from a MasterDetailPage after 2nd time on MainPage causes an exception
- Bug 25259 - Two Way Binding to Leaf Property that is get/set, via a Property that is get only will not work
- Bug 24824 - [XF 1.3-Pre, all platforms] "Can not create more than one Application instance"
- Bug 24705 - ScrollView does not scroll until after device is rotated
- Bug 24681 - Removing items from ListView in Windows Phone cases Argument Out Of Range Exception
- Bug 24580 - Custom DurationPicker makes built-in DatePicker misbehave.
- Bug 24445 - Assertion failure in UITableView when viewmodel bound to ListView changes.
- Bug 23365 - Image fails loading from long URL
- Bug 22327 - Windows Phone button Clicked event still fires when IsVisible=false
- Bug 21064 - Entry.Completed does not fire on Android softkeyboard
- Bug 20903 - BoxView: Differences between iOS / WP and Android
- [Core] Calling ClearValue for BindableProperty with DefaultValueCreator gives wrong data in property change callbacks
- [Core] Deserializer methods for Properties dictionary now check for empty file rather than throw.
- [Core] FontSizeConverter now parses with invariant culture
- [Core] FontTypeConverter now parses with invariant culture
- [Core] ThicknessTypeConverter now parses with invariant culture
- [Core] ListView no longer leaks HeaderCells when assigning a new ItemsSource
- [Core] StackLayout contents now correctly re-arrange when items are removed.
- [Android] Picker no longer crashes when dismissed with no items set.
- [Android] Resolve potential crash in Android FormsApplicationActivity during dispose.
- [iOS] ModalWrapper dispose no longer crashes in some cases.
- [iOS] NavigationRenderer no longer eats exception when packing initial views.
- [iOS] OnResume not called sometimes when app resumes from sleep.
- [iOS] ViewCell no longer leaks every UIView it created.
- [iOS] Fix minor memory leak in iOS ListView
- [WP] ToolbarItem no longer crashes if it doesn't have a name set. It will use the icon name instead.