Dispatch Source Examples
This sample demonstrates how to create and configure different types of Dispatch Sources. Creating a dispatch source involves creating both the source of the events and the dispatch source itself. This sample cover following types of Dispatch Source:
- Timer - periodically submit the event handler block to the target queue.
- Vnode Monitor - monitor the virtual filesystem nodes for state changes.
- MemoryPressure - monitor the system memory pressure condition for state changes. To test this type of source you need to run sample application on iOS simulator and fire memory warning(Hardware -> Simulate Memory Warning).
- WriteMonitor - this type monitor file descriptors for available write buffer space.
- ReadMonitor - monitor file descriptors for pending data.
Building this sample requires Xcode 5.0 and iOS SDK