This sample demonstrates a Todo list application where the data is stored, accessed, and authenticated from an Azure Mobile App instance.
The app functionality is:
- View a list of tasks.
- Add a new item to the list of tasks.
- Set a task's status to 'completed'.
In all cases the tasks are stored in an Azure Mobile App instance.
Setting up an Azure Mobile App
In order to run this sample application an Azure Mobile App must first be created. When creating an Azure Mobile App instance please ensure that the service uses a Node.js backend.
For information about how to Create an Azure Mobile App that can be consumed by Xamarin.Forms, see Create a Xamarin.Forms app on the Azure website.
For information about how to configure the Azure Mobile App instance to manage the authentication process, see Add authentication to your Xamarin.Forms app on the Azure website.
Please ensure that the Azure Mobile App authentication options specifies a URL scheme.
In order to run this sample application the following steps must be carried out:
- Update Constants.cs, in the .NET Standard Library project, to include the URL of the Azure Mobile App, and the URL scheme for the Xamarin.Forms app.
- In the iOS project, update Info.plist to include the URL scheme.
- In the Android project, update AndroidManifest.xml to include the URL scheme.
- In the UWP project, update Package.appxmanifest to include the URL scheme.